How to Recruit, Hire and Deploy Qualified Security Clearance Professionals
There's a war on in the talent marketplace, but it's not the one you may be familiar with. This war isn't about finding people with the right skills and experience to fill high-demand positions. It's tougher than that. In this war, candidates need the right credentials and the right security clearance that allows them to handle sensitive classified information. That is why recruiting cleared professionals makes all the difference in helping to hire the right talent.
Just like any other organization, the government needs IT professionals, administrative assistants, project managers, senior executives, janitors, and a host of other employees to keep things running.
But it’s not just government agencies that need to hire clearance professionals. Government contractors also need to hire people with security clearances in order to win bids on government projects.
To win the war for clearance talent, recruiters and hiring managers need to know what kinds of security clearances apply to which jobs, how employees receive a clearance, what the talent landscape looks like, and how clearances affect compensation.
In this eBook, we’ll talk about all of those issues and—most importantly—we’ll show you how to design a successful talent acquisition strategy for recruiting cleared professionals.
Scroll down to download this free eBook from Hire Velocity!
Table of Contents:
- Surveying the Security Clearance Landscape
- Who needs a security clearance?
- What types of security clearance are there?
- How are clearances awarded?
- Active vs. Inactive Clearances
- Security Clearance Labor Market
- Demographics of Supply
- Demographics of Demand
- Hiring Difficulty
- Trends In Clearance Compensation
- Lowest Price Technically Acceptable
- Changing Workforce Demographics
- Compensation by the Numbers
- Clearance Recruiting and Hiring Strategies
- OFCCP Programs and Diversity
- Government Proposals and Contract Recruiting
- Building Your Clearance Recruitment Strategy
- Security Clearance Glossary