The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Successful, Unbiased Interview Process
At Hire Velocity, our recruiting team conducts phone interviews with an average of 1,500 people every month, and we talk with many of our clients about how to develop strong interview processes and skills. We’ve spent years researching and honing our interview methodology to identify the best candidates and screen out those who won’t be a good fit for a particular role or organization.
In this eBook (which you can download below), we want to share that knowledge with you so that you can spend more time getting to know the essential details about your best candidates and less time missing the target. We’ll help you design your interview strategy so you never have to worry that you lost a high quality candidate due to a faulty process. We’ll talk about how to plan the interview ahead of time, nail down a strategy for each specific role, learn to ask useful, productive questions that will gather all the right information you need to get to know each candidate, and assess the candidates afterward.
Let’s get started.
Scroll down to download this free eBook from Hire Velocity!
Table of Contents:
- BEFORE THE INTERVIEW: PLAN
- Who: Who Will Conduct Your Interviews?
- What: What Will You Include in the Interview Process?
- Types of Interviews
- Candidate Assessments
- When: When Will You Schedule Your Interviews?
- How Long Should The Interview Process Take?
- DURING THE INTERVIEW: ASK
- Set The Stage
- Ask Meaningful Questions (Ditch the Clichés!)
- Illegal and Unprofessional: Avoid These Questions At All Costs
- Tailoring Interview Questions to Your Industry, Tech
- Healthcare, Customer Service
- AFTER THE INTERVIEW: ASSESS
- Weighted Questions
- The STAR Model
- The BARS Rating Model
- RECIPE FOR INTERVIEW SUCCESS